Headaches and jaw pain are common problems that can be alleviated with natural medicine approaches.
Jaw Pain – also termed TMJ or temporomandibular joint pain – is a very common condition. The muscles that are involved in opening and closing the mouth become tight and tense. It can lead to teeth grinding which wears down the enamel and leads to dental problems down the road.
- Have you been told you grind your teeth at night?
- Has your dentist recommended a night guard or talked to you about “bruxism”?
- Does your jaw feel painful, tight or tense?
- Does your jaw feel like it won’t open as wide as it used to? Does it click and pop frequently?
- Do you commonly have headaches?
And speaking of headaches, let me share a few things I have seen in my practice. Most patients report having had one or more headaches in the last 6 months. For patients who are reporting more than 1-2 headaches per month, I advise medical evaluation and treatment.
Common Causes of Headaches:
- Low Blood Sugar
- Food Sensitivities
- Environmental Triggers
- Muscle Tension
- Jaw clenching
- Stress and anxiety
- Ergonomic and Posture Issues
Dr. Teresa specializes in helping patients get to the root cause of their jaw pain and headaches. There are many natural medications that can help in addition to specialty bodywork treatments. And the great news is that they don’t just come right back – because Dr. Teresa helped you address the root cause.
- Deep Tissue Massage
- INTRO-ORAL massage (working inside the mouth to get to the small facial muscles)
- Craniosacral Therapy