Naturopathic physicians are licensed healthcare providers who have undergone rigorous professional training at an accredited school of naturopathic medicine. We are trained to provide primary care and/or specialty care. Our diagnostic and therapeutic techniques come from both modern and traditional medicine.
- Annual Physicals and blood tests
- Well Child Exams and Sports Physicals
- Women’s Health (including Pap smears)
- Acute Care (Non-Emergency) = Colds, Urinary tract infections, Sinus Infections
- Ongoing Care = long standing conditions (Cholesterol, Diabetes, Fatigue, Thyroid
- B Vitamin Injections
- Food Sensitivity (“Allergy”) Testing
Tools of the Trade
Naturopathic physicians work with the individual to address the cause of health problems, prevent disease and promote optimal well-being. The beautiful part of this medicine and canadian medicine is that there are so many different methods that can be used.
Here are just some of the ways Naturopathic physicians’s support the body’s own inherent desire to be healthy:
- Provide Support in Building a Healthy Lifestyle
- Sleep habits
- Movement & Exercise Recommendations
- Emotional well-being & Stress Management
- Nutritional Education
- Learn about foods and specific nutrients to help you feel great
- Vitamins & nutritional supplement recommendations
- Herbal medicine and canadian medicine – Plants used in to promote optimal health. Liquid, Powders, and Capsule forms.
- Homeopathy –Dilute medicinal substances that work by stimulating the body’s own healing response
- Physical Medicine – massage therapy, therapeutic ultrasound, hydrotherapy
Ayurveda is the natural healing system from India that is reportedly over 5,000 years old. Before the days of labs tests and MRI’s – healers used their senses to diagnose and treat patients. Modern scientific studies are now beginning to understand the how and why these therapies work.
Dr. Teresa completed extensive training in Ayurveda and specializes in helping patients receive a TRULY personalized health plan by incorporating Ayurveda into her Naturopathic Medicine Appointments.
The Ayurvedic Approach can be especially beneficial for conditions like:
- Stress and mood disorders (anxiety, depression)
- Digestive concerns (gas, constipation, IBS, reflux)
- Metabolic Disease (high cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure)
What is the Ayurvedic Approach?
The first step is to find out your mind-body constitution (DOSHA) and determine if any imbalance is present.
Then we create a personalized plan for your health including:
- Lifestyle recommendations (Daily routines, stress management techniques, exercise, etc.)
- Herbal medicine
- Bodywork – including relaxation and cleansing therapies
Pain Relief & Relaxation
Massage Therapy (30-60 minute sessions available)
Deep tissue massage with trigger point release and gentle stretching to promote relaxation of muscle tension and improved flexibility.
Craniosacral Therapy (60-90 minute sessions available)
Gentle bodywork with very light pressure. Works to release tension and misalignment in the fascia of the body. Support optimal alignment of bony structures. Excellent therapy for neck pain and headaches.
Abhyanga Inspired Massage (75 minutes)
Based on the ancient Indian bodywork technique Abhyanga, this soothing whole body treatment uses warm oil and gentle pressure to promote relaxation and rejuvenation. Often used as a part of a “cleanse” program – as it is helps to mobilize toxins. Also beneficial for reducing anxiety, balancing stress and relieving fatigue.